Thursday, October 11, 2007

Travel

I was away for sometime with a delegation of officials from the US, on their visit to Issyk Kul oblast. I had a chance to meet some really interesting people and visit interesting places. One place that is worth noting is "Rukh Ordo" (Spiritual Corner)- a huge complex of buildings and monuments owned by one of the Kyrgyz MPs- Kereksizov (blieved to be rich as hell!). Overall, it is the strangest sights I have ever seen. Although, it is full of expensive things like a Buddha bell from Korea, bronze statues of animals and people, huge portraits of Putin, Nazarbaev and other paintings, it is the most tasteless piece of architechture and design for the kind of money paid for it. It is basically a collection of atributes belonging to the four major religions and to Kyrgyz people. It is big.

Oh by the way, Kereksizov, owner, is preparing another similar project- center of the world this time- which is belived to be way more expensive and bigger project.

As for the people, the delegation was accompanied by some of our "beloved" MPs, who disappointed me very much by their behavior. And honestly, I felt ashamed for officials who represent my country.

But anyways, I took some pictures. Check it out.




This is the Buddha Bell from Korea (I made up "Buddha Bell"). It is belived that this bell makes wishes come true. Well... the person on the photo wished for her luggage to arrive (cuz she lost it during flights) and the next day it was found...
I thought this picture was pretty good.



A lonely umbrella...

The end.

Wish you all happy Orozo Ait Holiday! Be peace upon you! ( I just love this expression).

No comments: